The art of the scrawl

I think one of the reasons that I have never fully embraced the digital diarisation of my life is I still like to hand write on occasion. It's a dying art ... or is it a skill? Depending on the day the quality of my cursive can range from romantic to seizure.

Marking paper with a signature is another decreasing practice - which is a shame because there is something quietly satisfying about scrawling your name analogue style, making your own unique mark ... (that said, years ago while a good way through an all day winery tour, upon signing my name to a vino purchase realised I had signed my maiden name ... and it looked no different to my married name signature).

Check out these famous autographs and see if you can identify who they belong to (scroll to the bottom for answers):

1.



2. 




3. 



4. 



5. 



6. 

7.  




8. 


9. 



10.  



11.  














1. Barack Obama
2. Diego Maradona
3. Donald Trump
4. Banksy
5. JK Rowling
6. Kanye West
7. Mel Gibson
8. Walt Disney
9. Mozart
10. Picasso
11. Neil Armstrong

Popular Posts