10 Things I Love Today

Valentine’s Day 2016 Edition. If I Must.



Today, I <3


1. Song – Right by You by Tuka
One of my top 10 favourite songs for 2015. I probably listened to it 450 times last weekend.







2. Jamie’s Italian Trattoria
Jamie is my go to. I’ve developed a real love for cooking for my family. Unfortunately it's not something that comes natural to me (ie. I’m really not that good at it). Last CFW (child-free-weekend) my BF and I headed into Parramatta for a late Saturday afternoon lunch and ended up here. Even better than great food and ambiance, a colossal storm hit while we were there. Cue: can we take a look at the dessert menu, please as we’re going to be staying a little longer?


3. Book - NaturalBorn Keller by Amanda Keller
I read this in about three days. My shoulders shook with laughter the whole time. Baby Boomers and Gen X Aussie chicks – do yourselves a favour.






4. Flowers
I try to have 1 or 2 new bunches in my home every week. Cheapest, loveliest way to give your home a fresh bit of jzoosh.







5. Jigsaw puzzles
My new down-time past-time. I cannot tell you how anywhere between 5 minutes and 3 hours on one of these can calm my farm.





6. Summer
If you’re one of these people who can’t handle the heat and who longs for Winter, we probably can’t be friends. There is nothing that is not awe-wait for it- some about blue skies and long sunny days.







7. Homegrown herbs
Basically, if these little guys can’t self-serve, they will die. But thankfully errrbs seem to grow themselves (either that or they owe their lives to the people I live with who keep them trucking). Mate, what a feeling it is to head out into the backyard with scissors when a Jamie recipe calls for basil or chillies.



8. Podcasts
Like puzzles, podcasts are a new dish on my down-time menu. I often combine the two.The current top of my pods is Chat 10 Looks 3.



9. Plans
My philosophy is you should always have a flight planned. Or, at least, you should always having something planned. It means you're looking forward. It means you’re  going somewhere. Perpetual motion. The next two flights I have coming up are not with anyone in my family and they are for pleasure not work – it would have been almost 10 years since I've flown anywhere without family for anything work or otherwise.



10. Love
Forget coffee, forget shoes, forget Ford Falcon GT blah blah blah. Forget loving materialistic, tangible bullshit. Whether it’s your kids, your partner, your friends, your family, oh why not your pets, you can’t beat it. I don’t want to get all Matthew McConaughey on you but it’s all about human connection amirite. Happy Valentine’s Day! Love love! 


If this makes your heart beat like a jungle drum, you might also enjoy:






Popular Posts