Six of the best: #showusasignyoucare



Is it just me or is anyone else in favour of holding Festivus every second year with each one in between consisting of an abrupt 4-week work break with no fanfare in the lead up? Can I see a show of hands?


This week has been hectic. But not so hectic I didn’t take note of a few items that periodically awoke me from my trance of duty.



1. Amber Galloway takes five and SHOWS you five songs ...

Every Friday at 10am on Triple J's morning show, they invite guests in to "take 5" - or play 5 songs that mean something to them, usually according to a prescribed theme. I love it because one minute you're listening to Missy Elliot, the next Olivia Newton John. It's cool and I usually end up downloading something to my music library during the course. A couple of weeks ago, Amber Galloway took 5. She is an interpreter for deaf people at concerts. Can you imagine?

Listen to the podcast here.





2. #showusasignyoucare photo contest

Full disclosure: I’ve been working on this professionally, but it’s still a fricken awesome initiative IMO. Get amongst it. #save3lives #showusasignyoucare

The aim of the campaign is to encourage people to donate blood at this time of year when it is needed most. Facebook page will tell you all you need to know. 



3. 9 to 5 is dead

It became apparent to me recently that this is something that is now the fabric of who I am, how I work and what I value. Granted, not so for everyone. But look around - these days it’s not just the artists 
and the rock stars who work to this lack-of-traditional-timetable.

Read the article here.



4.     3 Fundamental habits of influential people

My favourite? … they give honest and sincere appreciation. Here's the post





5.   15 beautiful illustrations perfectly capture how it feels to be in love. 

At first I thought this was a bit vomitty. But admittedly, I can relate. (Bring me the bucket!) See the illustrations here 


6. Decisions decisions

And also? This:



December. Let's do this. xox


Popular Posts